People who arent even Scene and shouldnt be here - General Discussion

I really don't know why I'm here.

1 year ago

I'm not scene or relatively close. Most people here seem kind of obsessed with bands that I dislike and general pop culture, which I have no interest in. The chats are bland, and no one seems drawn to talking to me. So, again, I have no idea why I'm here.
1 year ago

Cyberdoll

I joined to generally be an asshat, but met some cool people, so eh.
1 year ago

I think in the past, that may have been my reasoning. I've grown soft with age, though. Can't really think of an excuse now except that I may, too, find some random denizen worth talking to.
1 year ago

SlimePrincess

The chats are mainly references to a) pop culture references that I may be too old to get (which is sad, 'cuz I only just turned 20), or b) references to nicknames that are references to pop culture that I'm too old to care about

I joined because I appreciate the scene aesthetic. It's vibrant, full of expression and diversity and kind of reminiscent of acid drenched hippie children mutants with cool half names. It's transcendent of what it means to be human, while acknowledging the flaws in ourselves and benefits of humanity in the emotional backing of it's cliche'd music.

If you're gonna stick to a subculture (which isn't always a bad thing) emo/scene is fun, trip, cute and focuses on both the unique and simple in a playful way...

...Turns out the site's mainly 15 year olds that just like memes a lot, and/or self righteous self proclaimed 24 year old "scene queens". It's meh
1 year ago

Aye, that's pretty much what I've gotten from this site as well, regarding 15-year-olds and their newfangled music and terminology. The way you describe the actual subculture is certainly a new take on it from what I know, considering that scene seems to be the opposite of simple. But, I've never really been interested enough to delve too deeply into its origins.
1 year ago

SlimePrincess

Simple as in enjoyment in the simple things/pleasures. Cartoons, love, music. It's not a culture that has a series of roots like hip hop and branches out necessarily into music, way of life and new founded ethos. It's meh. It's being a kid, in the body of a 19 year old highlighter drenched manic acid vampire. Kinda like dress up. It's simple, because it focuses on just being a kid, transcendent of age, and adapted to which, while upholding that mentality
1 year ago

pride

man i was gonna come here to troll but i wanted to get to know people here soooo