Gamers - General Discussion

games on scenekids??

2 years ago

Jaybo

For those who had no idea, games where put up on the site[as of febuary 12th] clumsy bird(in my opinion much better mechanic wise than flappy bird) and river of doom(took up about an hour of my life)

They are saying that eventually users will be able to put up their own games, being someone who is in the making of my own game this is very exciting.

Who else is making/ interested in making their own games? and who will be adding them to the site once we are able?
2 years ago

I'd love to make a game if I had the know how.
2 years ago

If I had the time and materials (a good computer and good software) I'd probably like to make simple one, but till then [,v-v], I must wait...
2 years ago

josh 🌟 

That's definitely the plan, want to stick to HTML5 games and perhaps something like Unity or Marmalade down the road.

Glad you liked RoD for a minute, wait until RoD2 with crazy power ups and s*** ;)

Clumsy bird I found out on Github and they seem to be really on top of making it better (there's a bug in the latest version so I've been holding off on upgrading). So I can't take much credit for that one.

The SDK is pretty simple thus far, not ready for mass consumption yet though. There's pretty much a single call that you have to make and it will push the score into the leaderboard and refresh the scores below as well:

Game.saveScore(123);

Nice and easy. I'm planning to add in some networking capabilities in the future to allow for network games to be built (I'll be building Ultimate Space Tic Tac Toe Tournament 2020 as soon as it's ready). I got some other ideas for the networked games but want to keep them a secret until it's actually built ;)

Also Suspiciously.Obvious it doesn't take much to write a game in HTML5 and Javascript. If you can play those games your system is more than capable of being able to write one on it.
2 years ago

So it would work on a NetBook and/or cellular device (I-phone)? Also, experience in Python, JavaScript, and/or HTML would or wouldn't be needed? Cause I only have experience in Python and HTML coding and such .,. Still working on learning the JavaScript though... Josh
2 years ago

josh 🌟 

Probably can't code on iOS (unless you're SSHing into a server, and using a bluetooth keyboard) but the netbook should be sufficient for sure.
2 years ago

I'll try to use my NetBook without tossing it across the room or banging my head aganist the desk for twenty minutes while it loads chrome v(^_^v)and umm do you know of any good HTML game builders? Cause my school uses GameMaker and I've made three games on there, but I don't think that is the best one and I don't have much money to spend if it would have to be bought (I haven't looked into it that much though...)
2 years ago