Gamers - General Discussion

Thoughts on Flappy Bird?

2 years ago

josh 🌟 

Probably will be considered flamebait by some, but I wanted to see what all the hype was about and gave it shot this morning. I found the game to be difficult as all hell and ultimately too frustrating as there doesn't seem to be much of a learning curve / intro period on the first level (reads, ol' man Josh got p***ed after a consistent high score of TWO)

The game seems to be a success with over a half million downloads on iOS, what's everyone think about it?
2 years ago

The.Apparition

Looks pretty simple. With how "complex" and "difficult" today's games are, the youth aren't used to those type of 2D movers. It looks to me the mechanics work as a water level of Mario.
2 years ago

josh 🌟 

Yeah, it's exactly like a water level on Mario (probably why I don't care for it LOL)

I was just really shocked by the lack of a ramp up period. For it it was literally "oh this seems fun *DEAD*" "ok, I understand it now *DEAD*" "guess I need to *DEAD*" "figure out the *DEAD*" "gravity *DEAD*"

I may give it another go on the iPad to see how that is. This just doesn't as casual as say, Angry Birds but who knows, maybe people are looking for challenging games these days, some of the mobile games are stupid repetative
2 years ago

The.Apparition

I've never played the game, but I'll try it once my curiosity gets the best of me. :P
2 years ago

Jaybo

Flappy bird has the tap to flight mechanic off just enough to make the game not fun to play at all.

People who get "soo mad" at the game just want to be in on the flappy bird hype because everyone is also talking about it.
The name and the bad gaming mechanics being played off as "hard" has made it very popular, even to the point of several other people making the game using the EXACT SAME TEMPLATE just skinned differently.

Just go look at iron pants and tell me that's not the same template.
Or the even s***tier game flappy plane, yes that's a thing.
stupid names for stupid people, wanting to show off how much time they wasted with a bad name on twitter.

Sorry flappy fans but it's true, the game just sucks. It's not hard.
2 years ago

VallieVenom

It's extremely irritating but also extremely addicting. It just seems to get harder because once you beat your score, you want to beat that one and it's just a never-ending cycle and it gets harder to beat because you have to go farther. The first time I played it was on my sister's iPhone and I thought it was ridiculously stupid and hard but I ended up downloading it on my phone and it's actually pretty easy. I got to 75 and I can't seem to get nearly that high now so I haven't played in a couple days.
2 years ago

Atomic ☢ 

Lol talking about games just be reskinnings. Well, most, if not all the top games are just remodels of old past games. Just look at Angry Birds. Such a copy from the old flash game Tower Destoryer or w/e it was called.
2 years ago

sammysykesXD

annoying yet really addictive XP xx
2 years ago

AlexApocalypse

I honestly can't stand the game :p It can be okay if you're that bored on the toilet, but I don't like it xp !
2 years ago

=w= haha...toilet gaming...;-; National Toilet Games....