Gamers - General Discussion

Nintendo E-Shop is down

2 years ago

Jaybo

Nintendo, more specifically the WiiU and 3DS has some pretty major server issues right now due to all of the traffic going through Nintendo's E-Shop. One reason for this traffic is the Christmas season bringing in more consoles and handhelds, as well as their new feature where you can link your WiiU account to your 3DS so you can have a shared wallet for both, as well as look at transaction history.
Another reason for Traffic was the Pokemon Bank was released in Japan. The PokeBank is a digital paid storage cloud for your pokemon. The app was launched in Japan and since then has been taken down due to the overwhelming traffic it brought to Nintendo's servers.
The North American Release was set on December 27th but is not on hiatus until the proper maintenance can be applied to Nintendo's E-Shop.

Have you been having issues going to the E-Shop lately? Would you get the PokeBank?

Source: www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
2 years ago

josh 🌟 

THATS WHY I WAS HAVING ISSUES THE OTHER DAY! Maybe unrelated, but went to update my 3DS software and it just wouldn't take... had me thinking my internet was effed. Thanks for posting this!
2 years ago

Jaybo

the E-Shop should be up and running either today or tomorrow. they where down for everyone for 12 hours yesterday for maintenance.
2 years ago

josh 🌟 

Definitely will be checking this week, I want to get my accounts linked now that I have both a Wii U and 3DS :P