Gamers - General Discussion

Left 4 Dead 2 is free today!

2 years ago

josh 🌟 

Just spreading the word, the offer ends tomorrow at 10am PST - store.steampowered.com/news/12151/
2 years ago

Billyyy

F***, I missed it! D:
2 years ago

I got it, but it seems to freeze/crash after the initial load. >.>
2 years ago

Billyyy

I already have the game for my xbox.

Is it your specs? You could try turning the graphics down. If you can even do that, I don't know.
2 years ago

Jaybo

Due to everyone downloading it at the same time there was heavy traffic on steam and caused the game to either have a lengthy download or corrupted data. i think if you started the initial download you can just download it again and it should be faster and not corrupted.
2 years ago

Billyyy

Would it still be free even if you re-download it? Because that's happened before and it tried charging.
2 years ago

Jaybo

i'm not huge on steam so i don't know how it works, but for other programs like xbox live, psn and the apple store, if it was free and you downloaded it, or even started, it can be downloaded again.
2 years ago

josh 🌟 

Yeah to the best of my knowledge once it's in your account you own it and can download it again and on multiple machines that you have authorized your steam account.
2 years ago

Jaybo

So i just tried to re- download it (my first attempt when it was free was unsuccessful) and yeah once it's gone it's gone. but it is only 10$ right now.
2 years ago

It's not my specs, unless it has really horrible optimization. But yea, maybe I'll try redownloading it. They were getting booshed by downloads when I first got it.,