Gamers - General Discussion

SK Minecraft Server?

2 years ago

josh 🌟 

The topic has come up again regarding setting up an SK Minecraft server. I've always been in love with the idea and should be able to get something up and running over on Digital Ocean since I got a decent amount of hosting credit with them.

That being said, I've only ever ran a server once and it was via one of those MC hosting companies. I'm not worried with the actual setup of a server but I'm more concerned with what settings are best to go with. What's the best approach against griefers? Do we want to go creative or survival? Do we say f*** and just go hardcore? (<-- my preference, actually).

Also, I know we have mixed platforms here, can Xbox (And now PS3) MC work with the same servers the PC version can or is there anything I should know about that? Obviously it would be more fun if everyone can play on the same server.

Thoughts? Experiences? Anyone with the experience interested in running the server??
2 years ago

Atomic ☢ 

From what I read online, Minecraft servers are cross platform. So that shouldn't be an issue for users to connect. As for the other stuff, I have never played minecraft nor have I messed with any server stuff. I know a few people who run servers so I could ask around if you have any specific questions about what is best.
2 years ago

josh 🌟 

Yeah, only specific question is how the f*** to we keep people from ruining it for the rest of us? Kind of vague but kind of specific at the same time LOL.
2 years ago

LouLouCore

i played for a while on the mattg server and i know the admin can see who put the block and who destroyed it. They can ban people and stuff. Idk a lot about it but this is what i know
2 years ago

josh 🌟 

That's definitely good to know... definitely makes it relevant to have someone (or a few people) that are dedicated admins for it, just to help keep the peace.
2 years ago

LouLouCore

well i dont say ill be the most active person but i can always help :P i can manage to be on a bit everyday :P so let me know if you need me :3